A Poster Contest for children will be organized as part of the National Space Challenge Prime Minister’s Trophy 2017 (NSC2017) program which is organized annually by the National Planetarium, the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI). This Poster Contest will give children an opportunity to delve into the depth of their imagination, exercise their creativity and showcase their ideas in the art form. The contest aims at enhance children’s interest in and awareness of space science and technology, and to encourage children to expand their imagination about the universe.
Theme: “United Through Space”
This Poster Contest encourages children to explore their creativity, expand their imaginations and express friendship by means of cooperating with all groups regardless of border in the point of view of space.
DRAWING / PAINTING RULES:
- This contest is open to all Primary school pupils and Secondary school students in Malaysia.
- All participants must be Malaysian citizens residing in Malaysia.
- Drawing / painting must be made on paper of A3 size (297 x 420 mm) at minimum and A2 size (420 x 594 mm) at maximum.
- Acceptable Tools of drawing / painting include pencil, crayon, water color, oil painting, computer drawing, etc. However, photos, wires, and other 3D objects are NOT accepted. The completed artwork must be a flat piece of paper.
- The drawing / painting must NOT include slogans. The drawing / painting must NOT represent any particular individual, organization, country or brand name and must NOT depict any religious theme. Any artwork that violates any of these restrictions is subject to be disqualified from the assessing process for the poster awards.
- Each drawing / painting must affix a Participation Form on the reverse side of the drawing / painting that clearly states the name of participant and his / her contact information.
* Your originals poster drawing / painting must reach the Organizer NOT later than 31st August 2017.*
CERTIFICATES & PRIZES:
Certificates and prizes will be issued to all participants whose posters have been selected for the Best Poster Award (3 posters for each primary and secondary school category) and the Special Poster Award (3 posters for each primary and secondary school category). Selection of the posters is based on the following criteria:
- How well the poster addresses the theme
* Please print and complete the participation form below, and affix it behind your poster drawing / painting.
Download : NSC 2017 Poster Contest Participation form